Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What am I crazy????

Jen Bart called today to ask if we wanted to meet her at the play area at the mall. I said yes because I am always up for a good adventure. Keep in mind I am now hauling 3 kiddos around because I am watching Owen (5 1/2 months old). First of all bad idea because we weren't getting there until 11am when the rest of the crazy moms make it out. Second, Owen is new to us and on his own schedule oh and he has to eat a bottle and baby food while we are out.

Play area is too crowded so we head to eat. My girls aren't really ready but I get them food. We got to sit down and Owen is starting to cry because it is bottle time. Hook him up while Jen gets the girls food ready. Neither of them eat much and Owen is pretty interested in his bottle but also what others are doing. Oh wait we have to go potty. Did I mention that Elizabeth is pretty much potty trained and prefers (insists) the potty over her perfectly nice diaper she has on. The four of us head to the potty for dry bottoms and a diaper for Owen. Go to play area it looks like a concert it is so crowded. Play on the car things with no money. Owen gets fussy and girls want to go potty......the story continues with more of the same. I finally throw in the towel and head out to find another potty for Ella. Owen is asleep (it is not nap time) I think all the noise did him in. We head home Elizabeth falls asleep about 15 minutes from the house. Transition seems to go well with her but Owen isn't having it.

Owen took a 40 minute afternoon nap. Elizabeth woke up an hour early. Ella went down almost an hour late and work up after an hour. Nap time didn't go well. So trips to the mall or anywhere else for that matter are not on our agenda anytime soon. Thanks Jen Bart for the invite and helping us out but that's all she wrote for now.

Did I mention I had to take my 2 to Walmart that afternoon to get all our groceries on limited naps. By the grace of God we survived. Praise the Lord!!! He is Good!!! ~melanie

No comments: