Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mowing the lawn should be easy!



Thought some of you would enjoy my lawn mowing experience. Last week Tommy set me up to mow the lawn while he did the other stuff in the yard (riding mower). We have had a ton of rain and a day or so Tommy commented on the need to mow again. I thought this would be a great way to serve my busy husband so I decided to get mowing today while the girls were asleep and then finish it off when he got home. The girls wanted to ride the mower later in the day and daddy still wasn't home. Elizabeth went first and she was super calm so I thought hey I bet I could finish the riding mower parts before Tommy gets home to make his day. So I but Elizabeth on my lap and drove with my right hand and Ella on the back straddling me. It was great and I just kept encouraging them that we were serving Daddy.


Tommy made it home after 7pm and I offered to do the push mower stuff so he could spend time with the girls. He went out to set us up and a few minutes later the girls and I headed outside. Tommy is smiling big and laughing. He says, "Did you notice you weren't cutting much grass?" I said, "I wondered about that it didn't seem to be as much trimmed off as I would have expected but I checked all and it was cutting some." Apparently I had the blade down but there are varying levels and I had it on the highest level 6 instead of 1. So guess what we did a power mow and the girls and I got to cut the entire lawn together while Tommy push mowed areas we couldn't mow and used the weed eater. It was great fun!!! I guess this is how you learn these things. What a funny story we now have as a great family memory in the yard.

Pictures of the mowing.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

that's hilarious!

i like the new format! looks good.