Friday, January 8, 2010

Sleepless Nights

It is so hard to keep up with the blog and everything else in life. As I browse the computer at 2:45am and read others blogs I decide there is no time like the present. We have 5 weeks from today until Emily's birth. She is scheduled to arrive by csection on 2/12. We are so excited and cannot wait to meet our newest little princess. The girls are very excited as well. I think waiting a little longer between children has been good. Ella never really understood that Elizabeth was coming but Elizabeth totally understands that Emily is coming. It is fun to have two little momma's ready for a baby. I think the transition will go well. My biggest concern is having overly helpful little momma's. I pray I don't turn around at any moment to find someone picking up or feeding Emily. I am sure she will survive and wouldn't be the first baby it has happened to.

I have been sitting up looking at homeschool cirriculum, reading blogs and just feel so inadequate as a parent. Realizing I am primarily responsible for these little girls and for the woman of God they turn out to be is a lot on a pregnant (hormonal) mother. I know that ultimately God is in control of how they turn out and what paths they choose but I am involved in shaping them and hopefully encouraging them to walk the path to Jesus. All the while teaching them to love the Lord, love one another, be a Godly woman, wife, mother some day. Needless to say I feel a little overwhelmed and not sure how to do it. I see others doing it with what seems ease and wonder how they do it. I see others so creative and wonder will I ever have those kinds of ideas and drive and time to be creative?

Right now I need to take a step back, breathe, and trust the Lord to guide me in the direction he wants for our family. I also get to look to my husband to lead us in the right direction the best he feels the Lord leading. The only way to do this is to continually pray and ask the Lord's guidance. I don't have to worry or fear or anything else because he has our best interest at hand.
Now I can sleep well

2 comments:

Paige said...

You sound like you're frustrated with the "not enough" syndrome. Remember you are completely adequate to do what God wants you to do, because of the Holy Spirit in you. It's just learning to shush the world's expectations and just focus on Gods, and sticking to that narrow road.
I hope you found sleep last night.

Tommy Waltz said...

Thanks for the encouragement Paige. When looking at others we will always be deceived. That is why we should only look to Christ.

Hope you are enjoying your family back together.